I have to share something with you guys that I tried and have had some amazingly creepy, fun results with. I have a “magic” box, that I put a few little dreams or goals inside and then they happen. I’m obsessed!
I was browsing through some inspirational articles one night and stumbled upon this post. Boni came up with this great idea to take a box, make it feel special, and then put some dreams inside of it. Every day, you read your goals and imagine them happening, feeling how you would feel as if they had happened. You then close the box and put it away, visualizing that the box is receiving the energy of the universe in your absence, and you let it go from your mind.
I love the concept of putting something out of mind while feeling that it’s “being taken care of”. I don’t know about you, but I feel like I have a million folders open in my mind at all times. I’m always thinking about this and about that and how can I make this happen and what if that doesn’t happen?
I started by putting in a few different, random, kind of vagueish things that I would love to have happen. One of them was to have a blog post go viral, and one was to receive amazing news. Two things that I don’t necessarily need to happen, but I would just love it if they did. Oh my gosh you guys…
So the first week…every night I looked at these little pieces of paper and just let myself fantasize for a moment about what it feel like to have a post go viral or to receive amazing news. I sat there with a huge, cheesy smile on my face and then put the papers back in the box, closed it, and put it away. I envisioned a funnel of energy going to my box and allowed myself to forget about it.
That week my husband randomly asked me if I wanted to go to San Diego. We had just gotten back from California and our Disneyland trip. I’m obsessed with San Diego and it had been on my mind, but I figured it was out of the question until a later date since we’d just been to California. So to say I was delightfully shocked when he asked me would be an understatement. That was my amazing news!
Then, that same week (love how dramatic I am?) I had posts go live on both The Huffington Post and Scary Mommy, one day apart from each other. My blog stats skyrocketed! I was just like “holy shit…it actually worked.” And in ways I could’ve never guessed.
The following week I went to San Diego and put out two usual, “non-exciting” posts. I didn’t have anything in the works with Huffington or anyone else. I was like “There’s no way I’m going viral this week or getting amazing news.” The day I got back from vacation, on a Saturday night, I got news from a friend telling me that Scary Mommy had shared my previous week’s post on Huffington on their Facebook page. Not only was that freaking amazing news, but once again, my blog stats went through the roof!!
Hell yeah I screen shot that.
The following week, I had another post go totally crazy on Huffington, going to the front page of their site, being the featured story in Huffpost Weddings, and being shared on four of their Facebook pages, including their main one. A friend let me know again that it had been shared on multiple pages and took that screenshot for me. Amazing news, once again.
The past week I haven’t touched my box or visualized anything. I think I was a bit overwhelmed by all the excitement over the past few weeks. I was almost happy to check my Google stats and only see one or two visitors! I’m an introvert and even though I absolutely love this kind of excitement when it comes to my writing, I can start to feel overwhelmed and over-exposed.
Anyway, my point you guys, is that you have to try it. You have to find a special box (I bought mine at World Market for $3) and put a few dreams inside it. Let me officially recap the steps:
- Find or create a box. I think making it pretty or finding one that’s already dazzled up helps it feel more special. You want this box to feel special.
- Take a few little pieces of paper and write down some goals. I didn’t put more than two goals/dreams in mine.
- When you put the papers into the box, take a moment with each goal and just envision it actually happening. How would you feel? Would you call someone, shouting in excitement? Would you jump up and down and run through your house like a psycho? Totally pumped up and freaking out? The more emotion you can feel, the better. Do this at least once a day (or more, if you like!).
- After you visualize your goals, put the papers in the box, close it, and put it away with the intention that energy will be flowing to your box in your absence. The universe will be taking care of the behind-the-scenes and will surprise you. You have no idea how it will happen, and don’t try to figure it out. Just go about your business as usual.
I think this works so well because it helps us let go of our desire rather than dwelling on the fact that we don’t have it or haven’t experienced it. When you have faith that it’s taken care of and you relax, and you are in an open, allowing state of receiving, paired with expectation that something exciting is going to happen…exciting things do happen. This universe we live in a very abundant, giving universe. Things are rigged to go in your favor. You just have to believe that. That’s way easier said than done, I know, but that’s the simple bottom line. And what an amazing bottom line it is!
So tell me, have you ever tried something like this and what kind of results did you have?
Jessica Dimas is the author of Anything Can Be: A Reference Guide for Applying the Law of Attraction. Connect with her on Facebook and Instagram for more inspiration and updates.
Latest posts by Jessica Dimas (see all)
- A Sacred Self-Care Birthday Ritual - January 16, 2017
- Creating a New Self-Care Routine for the Year - January 1, 2017
- I Went a Month Without Self-Care and This is What Happened - November 3, 2016