[no_toc]Having a growth mindset is one of the most self-empowering tools you can have in your back pocket. When we take responsibility for our realities and see every day as an opportunity to grow more fully into who we truly are, life becomes incredibly enjoyable and curious.
In today's post, I'm sharing what a growth mindset is, thirty powerful growth mindset quotes, as well as 5 well-loved, inspirational books for cultivating a growth mindset.
Growth mindset definition
What is a growth mindset? To me, a growth mindset is a way of perceiving your experience and the world as an opportunity for expansion, new understanding, and coming into alignment with who you really are.
Its opposite would be a victim mindset. A mindset where a person believes the world is against them, or that the odds are not stacked in their favor. They may feel that since they failed before at something, that they weren't meant to succeed. They're usually hard on themselves and everyone else too.
When you begin cultivating a growth mindset, you start realizing that you create your own opportunities. You give credit to yourself for trying, whether it works out the way you want or not. You realize there's always more to learn, more to try, more to experience.
And you realize you're not always going to get it right, but that was never the point anyway. It was you showing up for you that made all the difference.
10 inspiring growth mindset quotes
I hope you enjoy the following growth mindset quotes. At the end of this article is a list of awesome books that are all about cultivating a growth mindset.
1. "There are no failures, just discoveries." Unknown
2. “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” Albert Ellis
3. "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” Charles Swindoll
4. "Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong." N.R. Narayana Murthy
5. "Live as if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever." Mahatma Gandhi
6. "It’s not that I’m so smart. It’s just that I stay with problems longer." Albert Einstein
7. "Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." Joshua J. Marine
8. "I am not afraid of storms for I am learning to sail my ship." Louisa May Alcott
9. "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." Confucius
10. "Every mistake you make is progress." Unknown
11. "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” Henry Ford
12. "Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make a mistake.” Elbert Hubbard
14. “We find comfort among those who agree with us, and growth among those who don’t.” Frank A. Clark
15. “Unless you’re willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won’t happen.” Phillip Adams
16. “What you get by reaching your destination is not nearly as important as what you will become by reaching your destination.” Unknown
17. "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." Unknown
18. “I don’t divide the world into the weak and the strong, or the successes and the failures...I divide the world into the learners and the non-learners.” Benjamin Barber
19. “There are three musts that hold us back: I must do well. You must treat me well. And the world must be easy.” Albert Ellis
20. "The wound is the place where the light enters you." Rumi
21. "Every success story is a tale of constant adaption, revision, and change." Richard Branson
22. "Step out on faith and walk into your purpose." Germany Kent
23. "Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John Maxwell
24. "When I'm not feeling my best, I ask myself, 'What are you gonna do about it?' I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me." Beyoncé
25. "Everything is figureoutable." Marie Forleo
26. "Mistakes are proof that you are trying." Unknown
27. "There is a fundamental law that the tissue of the human body will waste away through idleness and disuse. Conversely, muscles and vessel that are stressed grow and increase in capacity. This same basic law also applies to spiritual and intellectual growth and can be achieved only by continual nourishment and effort in day-to-day living." Clarence Robison
28. "One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again." Abraham Maslow
29. "Learn to trust the journey even if you do not understand it. Sometimes what you never wanted or expected turns out to be what you need." Unknown
30. "Every moment is a fresh beginning." T.S. Eliot
5 growth mindset books
Reading books frequently has helped me to infuse new ways of thinking and being. When you keep something in the front of your mind, you begin to become it and live it. Here are five well-loved books that help with cultivating a growth mindset.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- Think and Grow Rich
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness & Start Living An Awesome Life
- Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed these growth mindset quotes and found something to take away with you.
For esoteric self-care inspiration, you can sign up for the Dwell in Magic weekly newsletter.
If you’d like more real life examples of everyday self-care, you can connect with me on Instagram.
And if you’d like more direct support and community with like-minded people, come join the Dwell in Magic Facebook group.
- 4 Simple Ways to Start Celebrating Your Life Today - January 1, 2023
- 22 Magical Oracle Decks for 2023 - December 3, 2022
- My Gateway Voyage Experience At The Monroe Institute - September 18, 2022