“The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself.”
Dwell in Magic is a site where people come to receive inspiration and guidance on making their ways back to themselves. Our articles revolve around holistic self-care that touches on all aspects of healing, transformation and uncovering more and more of who we really are.
The goal of every article is to pour everything we know into it so that the reader walks away with a deep feeling of hope, inner knowing and peace.
What kinds of writers do we look for? Heart-centered and outside-the-box thinkers. Honest, raw, brave and vulnerable. We want you to share your heart, your experience and your wisdom.
You don’t have to a professional, an expert or degreed. You only need to have a story. Where have you been and where are you going? What have you learned on your life path and what does your heart need to share with the world?
Why contribute to Dwell in Magic?
While Dwell in Magic is a smaller site, we have a beautifully engaged, loyal audience with 80,000 followers across our social media platforms, email list, and thousands of daily visitors.
Your article/s would be continuously shared on all of our social media platforms and sent out in the weekly email to our subscribers. If you have your own website, this would be an excellent way to connect with a like-minded audience that would be interested in your work.
Every Dwell in Magic contributor creates their own bio which can include links back to your website or social media platforms. This builds your site’s SEO juice and credibility with Google to have links coming from established sites such as Dwell in Magic.
• Topic must be on personal development that revolve around holistic self-care (all-encompassing self-care that isn’t fluff), the power of the mind (manifestation, law of attraction) or spirituality (metaphysical). What helps you to dwell in magic? That’s what we’re looking for.
• We do not publish the following topics: religious, surface fluff (no articles on face masks, bubble baths, etc), productivity, weight loss, or beauty. Our readers are mostly comprised of independent thinkers who live more unconventional lives and appreciate articles that match that.
• Articles must be between 1,000 to 2,500 words. We love meaty articles that really give the reader something to bite into.
• Articles must be original, meaning you have not published them anywhere else.
• Paragraphs shouldn’t pass 3 sentences. Avoid run-on sentences as well. Smaller blocks are easier on the eyes as opposed to long paragraphs and sentences. Punctuation is your friend!
• We will provide the images and graphics to fit the article as to keep the site’s overall aesthetic.
• We will provide light editing if needed, as well as possible title and subtitle changes for SEO purposes. All changes will be presented for your approval before the article is published.
• Please refrain from linking back to your site in the article itself. All links back to your site or products can be made in the author bio section.
What makes a good article?
• As stated above, short paragraphs are easy on the eyes and help readers stay engaged.
• The more honest and open you can be, the better. Though it can be intimidating to put yourself out there, readers really resonate with vulnerable stories because we have all experienced every emotion on the emotional scale at one time or another. The more real you can be, the more you will touch the heart of the reader.
• Dare to get weird. We love the unconventional, woo woo and “out there”. Not shock value, but again honing in on the deeper aspects of self-actualization, discovery and healing. Anything in the sphere of metaphysical topics that relates to self-discovery is welcome here.
How the submission process works
• Simply submit your article below. If your article is a good fit for Dwell in Magic, you will receive a response within 7 days.
• If you do not hear back from us, please feel free to submit again with a different article.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to Dwell in Magic and we look forward to partnering with you!
“Get it down. Take chances. It may be bad, but it’s the only way you can do anything really good.”
- UsingEFT Tapping to Heal Your Mind, Body & Life - March 28, 2020
- The Ultimate List of Ideas for Self-Care During Quarantine - March 18, 2020
- Ho’oponopono: How to Uplevel Every Area of Your Life in 4 Steps - March 17, 2020