Morning affirmations are such a powerful way to start your day and something intentional you can do to direct how your day will unfold. When you wake up, your energetic momentum has slowed overnight and you have the opportunity to set a new, fresh tone.
In this blog post, I’m going to share morning affirmations for positivity, gratitude, and I AM statements. I’ll also briefly explain how and why affirmations work, as well as how to start using daily affirmations.
How affirmations work
Morning affirmations powerfully work because they rewrite your beliefs as you keep saying them. You won’t believe them at first and will even feel like you’re lying to yourself, but as you continue to repeat an affirmation, it will start becoming a powerful core belief.
As Abraham Hicks always says, a belief is just a thought you’ve thought over and over again.
A recent study published in the Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Journal found that self-affirmation activates well-known reward centers in the brain, as well as increases activity in the medial prefrontal cortex and posterior cingulate. These areas are connected to self-related processing and act as an emotional buffer to lower states of vibration.
Affirming to yourself what you want to experience in your life helps you to step into that perspective, and when your perspective changes, your whole reality shifts.
How to start daily affirmations
My recommendation is that you start out with more general, light-hearted affirmations.
If you are making $70,000 a year, for instance, trying to create an affirmation where you say “I make a million dollars a year” is going to slow your roll of abundance than if you said something like “I’m starting to have so much more fun in life.”
General statements may seem like they aren’t touching on what it is you want to manifest, but they easily and quickly begin to lift your vibration, which puts you in the frequency of everything that you want.
So pick something fun, light, and easy to say every morning. Just start saying it to yourself as you awake, brush your teeth, and start your day. Don’t overdo it or be robotic about it. Have fun with it!
The more fun you have, the higher of a vibrational frequency you’ll be putting yourself in.
Positive morning affirmations
“It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.” Claude M. Bristol
1. Today is going to be so fun, I can feel it.
2. There’s just countless things that delight me every day.
3. I can’t wait to see what unfolds for me today.
4. I love knowing that by choosing to feel good today, I naturally generate more abundance that will show up in the most fun ways.
5. There is so much joy in this world waiting for me today.
6. Today I will follow my bliss at every turn by doing what feels good to me.
7. This is a new day, and all possibilities are available to me.
8. Passion, ideas, and joy flow to me easily.
9. Today I will choose to the see the good in everything and everyone.
10. Any contrast I experience will serve me today by helping me know even better what I do want.
Morning gratitude affirmations
“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” Eckhart Tolle
11. I’m so happy to be here in this world to enjoy another beautiful day.
12. Thank you for this new day where all possibilities exist.
13. I love how good my body and mind feels today.
14. I’m so appreciating everything good in my world right now
15. I’m so grateful for all the love that surrounds me.
16. I love the way Source just keeps lining up such fun and exciting days for me.
17. I’m so grateful to know that I will have Divine guidance with me all day all I make my way through each experience and decision.
18. I am loving the way being in alignment feels and all the fun things that show up because of it.
19. I’m grateful for all the people and things that will come into my awareness today in order to delight and please me.
20. I’m feeling such appreciation for all the people, places, and things that make my life such a joy.
I am morning affirmations
“I am. Two of the most powerful words, for what you put after them shapes your reality.” Unknown
21. I am open, ready, and excited for this day and all that it will bring.
22. I am starting to have so much more fun with each passing day.
23. I am on fire and alive for this day.
24. I am the very energy of abundance, love, and all good things.
25. I am choosing in every moment to see the good today.
26. I am Divinely connected to all that is, today and always.
27. I am healthy and alive in both body and mind.
28. I am flowing in a never-ending stream of success, love, and abundance.
29. I am open to receiving new ideas and new ways of thinking today.
30. I am always guided to the next right step for me and I’ll know it by the way I feel.
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this article and found an affirmation that lights you up.
For holistic self-care tips every Sunday afternoon, you can sign up for the Dwell in Magic weekly newsletter.
If you’d like more real life examples of daily self-care, you can connect with me on Instagram.
And if you’d like more direct support and community with like-minded people, come join the Dwell in Magic Facebook group.
Jessica Dimas is the author of Sacred Self-Care for Your Chakras.
- The Difference Between Spiritual Bypassing and Conscious Creation - June 24, 2020
- 6 Ways to Be True to Yourself & In Alignment with Your Inner Being - June 16, 2020
- 68 Soothing Eckhart Tolle Quotes on Love, Fear & Death - June 14, 2020