There are endless ways to incorporate self-care tools into your everyday routine and one of my recent favorites has been ASMR videos for relaxation. Even my kids are obsessed and we listen to a video every night when they're falling asleep!
In this blog post I've rounded up my most favorite ASMR videos for relaxation to share with you. I'll also be explaining what ASMR even is for those of you who don't know and how it's a great tool to have in your self-care toolkit.
- What is ASMR?
- Why is ASMR relaxing?
- ASMR Videos for Relaxation
- 1. ASMR Umbrella ☔️ Water Spritzing all Around & On You, Brushing, Tapping & Rain Sounds (No Talking)
- 2. ○○○White and Fluffy Whisper 3D sound○○○
- 3. Sleep and Manifest via Subconscious Assignment, Reiki ASMR Whisper
- 4. Chewing Gum ASMR Eating Sounds Intense ? Tapping
- 5. ~Simple Pleasures~ ASMR Soft Spoken Personal Attention
- 6. 2 HOURS Coloring In ✏️ ASMR ? No Talking / Unintelligible Whispers / Sleepy Layering
- 7. Qi Gong Relaxation Meditation - Healing Sleep ASMR - Tibetan Singing Bowls
- 8. ~Sensual Aroma Sprays and Vibrant Colors to Balance Your Chakras~ ASMR
- 9. Sleep Time ? Tucking You In | ASMR | Massage, Facial, Humming
- 10. ASMR Brain Massage: Scratching, Tapping & Rubbing | Relaxing
- 11. Bags Full of TINGLES • ASMR • Soft Tapping • Sounds only
- 12. Full Moon ? ASMR ? Whisper
- 14. ASMR ?️Cozy Whisper Chat and Coloring ?️
What is ASMR?
ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. In a nutshell, it is sounds and visuals that create a tingling, relaxing sensation in the body. Things like whispering, tapping nails and soothing hand motions fall under ASMR.
I remember my first ASMR experience. I was in grade school and I had a teacher that would read to us every afternoon. She would hold the book towards us and I remember loving the way she would slowly turn the pages and smooth the book out after each page turn. It relaxed me so much just to watch her do that.
I've also always loved to hear nails tapping or someone typing, and I've definitely always gotten tingles when someone whispers in my ear.
I had no idea that this was even a THING and I was sooo excited when I first learned about ASMR videos! It's full of people purposely creating these soothing sounds and hand motions.
Why is ASMR relaxing?
Certain sounds, such as gently whispering into the microphone, can cause the listener to experience tingles that start from your head, go down the spine and into your legs. This sensation can be very relaxing.
I personally believe something is stimulated in the nervous system when listening or viewing these sounds and motions. I can feel my body relaxing and my mind gets very focused, therefore easing my sometimes restless mind.
I first started watching ASMR videos before falling asleep to help my mind slow down. After awhile, my kids started watching them with me and I'd find us all laying there in silence, watching ASMR videos falling asleep.
It's honestly one of my favorite ways to unwind before bed or even during the day if I'm feeling really anxious or worked up about something. I think it's a GREAT tool to add to your self-care routine.
If you have anxiety or have a hard time slowing your mind down at night, try an ASMR video and see if it doesn't relax you.
It was hard to narrow it down, but here are my favorite ASMR videos for relaxation.
ASMR Videos for Relaxation
1. ASMR Umbrella ☔️ Water Spritzing all Around & On You, Brushing, Tapping & Rain Sounds (No Talking)
I love, love, LOVE this relaxing ASMR video. If you enjoy the sounds of rain and water dropping, you'll want to add this video to your save list.
I especially love the end portion, around the 40:00 min mark where it's just the sounds of rain on the umbrella.
2. ○○○White and Fluffy Whisper 3D sound○○○
This video is a favorite of ours because her whispering is so soft that you're able to easily fall asleep.
What I really like beyond the very soft whispering is that she says very comforting things, almost like affirmations. Things like "everything is going to be okay" and guiding you through letting go of stress.
3. Sleep and Manifest via Subconscious Assignment, Reiki ASMR Whisper
This video incorporates reiki and energy healing with ASMR. There is no better feeling to me than that of releasing negative energy at the end of the day. I also find the lighting in her videos to be super calming.
4. Chewing Gum ASMR Eating Sounds Intense ? Tapping
This was one of my first favorite videos when I discovered the ASMR world. This video makes me think of a mother who is soothing you while you fall asleep.
Her hand movements put me the eff to sleep! And I love her gum chewing and nail tapping as well.
5. ~Simple Pleasures~ ASMR Soft Spoken Personal Attention
Another relaxing video from Maria from GentleWhispering. She is commonly called The Queen of ASMR and I couldn't agree more. She's a natural at it and she says she was a long-time consumer of ASMR before she began making her own videos.
This video is great because Maria has a combination of relaxing, tingly sounds such as whispering, soft speaking, crinkly shirt, steam and bubble sounds, etc. I love it.
6. 2 HOURS Coloring In ✏️ ASMR ? No Talking / Unintelligible Whispers / Sleepy Layering
I listen to this relaxing ASMR video often when I'm writing here on the blog or reading a book. The sound of coloring is SO soothing!
It's as if you have someone next to you doing a calming activity with you. And watching it is even more relaxing to see her fill the colors in. Also, it's 2 hours long which I really appreciate.
7. Qi Gong Relaxation Meditation - Healing Sleep ASMR - Tibetan Singing Bowls
My brother-in-law told me about this ASMR artist and I'm so excited to have found his channel! This video is extremely relaxing and almost like a guided meditation.
He has a relaxing voice and the sounds of the bowls are really hypnotic.
8. ~Sensual Aroma Sprays and Vibrant Colors to Balance Your Chakras~ ASMR
I recently created a chakra guide and worksheet bundle on self-care for your chakras. This video is probably one of the most relaxing ways to balance and learn about the chakras!
She's actually very thorough about the chakras and I love how soft and dreamy this video is.
9. Sleep Time ? Tucking You In | ASMR | Massage, Facial, Humming
Another awesome video for falling asleep. I love the sounds of her fixing the bedding and her soothing voice. Everything about this video is cozy!
10. ASMR Brain Massage: Scratching, Tapping & Rubbing | Relaxing
This video puts me almost in a trance. I love the sounds of her nails going over the microphone. These are the types of videos I like to listen to while I'm reading or writing.
Since it's mostly just sounds and no talking, it doesn't distract me from doing other activities. It's just simply relaxing.
11. Bags Full of TINGLES • ASMR • Soft Tapping • Sounds only
If you love the soft sounds of nail tapping, you are going to love this video. Once again, no one does nail tapping better than Maria from GentleWhispering!
She's so soft and soothing in everything she does. You wouldn't think nail tapping is an art, but Maria shows you it absolutely is.
12. Full Moon ? ASMR ? Whisper
This video is a favorite because it's full of soft whispering, crystals, candles and it's actually educational about the magic of the full moon.
Another awesome video from Lune Innate. What I love about this video is that it's layered with sounds, there's no talking so you could listen to it while falling asleep or reading, and she created visuals to go along with it.
The visuals make it hypnotic as well as makes me truly feel like my energy field is being cleansed. If you're an empath, you might really resonate with this video.
14. ASMR ?️Cozy Whisper Chat and Coloring ?️
As hard as it is to come to an end, I will share this last favorite video of mine. As the title says, it's just a cozy, relaxing video. She whispers with a candy in her mouth while coloring.
The kids and I have been listening to this one a lot recently as they fall asleep at night. Just a very soothing ASMR video.
I hope you enjoyed this post on ASMR videos for relaxation. It's a little bit different from my usual posts but they are such a big part of my self-care these days, I just had to share about them here.