I love Ram Dass quotes because they bring me back to that centered place within me that is the observer watching the movie and loving all of it.
Trippy quotes are the ones that are so true and yet so alien to the way society operates that you have to step back and really ruminate on what was said. There’s always more being offered than what mere words can convey.
I invite you to really take in the following Ram Dass quotes and absorb them past the surface assumption. Meditate on some of the thoughts and see where they take you back to who you really are.
42 Trippy Ram Dass Quotes
1. Only that in you which is me can hear what I’m saying.
2. I can resonate with you in the highest place that I am. So: I can do nothing for you but work on myself…you can do nothing for me but work on yourself.
3. It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.
4. The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
5. As you dissolve into love, your ego fades. You’re not thinking about loving, you’re just being love, radiating like the sun.
6. Treat everyone you meet as if they are God in drag.
7. Our whole spiritual transformation brings us to the point where we realize that in our own being, we are enough.
8. The ego is frightened by death, because ego is part of the incarnation and ends with it. That is why we learn to identify with our soul, as the soul continues after death. For the soul, death is just another moment.
9. Be patient. You’ll know when it’s time for you to wake up and move ahead.
10. Everyone should smile. Life really isn’t that serious. We make it hard. The sun rises. The sun sets. We just tend to complicate the process.
11. Emotions are like waves. Watch them disappear in the distance on the vast calm ocean.
12. Suffering only shows where you are attached. That is why, to those on the path, suffering is grace.
13. What are you doing planning for the future? Well it’s all right now. But later? Forget it baby. That’s later. Now is now. Are you going to be here or not?
14. Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.
15. I was no longer needing to be special, because I was no longer so caught in my puny separateness that had to keep proving I was something. I was part of the universe, like a tree is, or like grass is, or like water is.
16. The key to the spiritual journey is not acquiring something outside of yourself. Rather it is shedding the veils to come back to the deepest truth of your being.
17. The next message you need is always right where you are.
18. The shadow is the greatest teacher for how to come to the light.
19. When you know how to listen, everybody is the guru speaking to you. It’s right here…always.
20. Ask yourself: where am I? Answer: here. Ask yourself: what time is it? Answer: now. Say it until you can hear it.
21. In most of our human relationships, we spend much of our time reassuring one another that our costumes of identity are on straight.
22. Birth, death, and suffering all bring us to the very edge of what our minds can understand.
23. I hang out with my guru in my heart. And I love everything in the universe. That’s all I do all day.
24. Clinging to desires has made your life complicated.
25. If you keep examining your mind, you’ll come to see that thoughts of who you are and how it all is are creating the reality you’re experiencing.
26. The way we regard death is critical to the way we experience life. When your fear of death changes, the way you live your life changes.
27. Without remaining open to change, we can not remain open to life.
28. Our journey is about being more deeply involved in life and yet less attached to it.
29. A being whose awareness is totally free, who does not cling to anything, is liberated.
30. It’s better to see God in everything than to try to figure it out.
31. The most exquisite paradox…as soon as you give it all up, you can have it all. As long as you want power, you can’t have it. The minute you don’t want power, you’ll have more than you ever dreamed possible.
32. As we grow in our consciousness, there will be more compassion and more love, and then the barriers between people, between religions, between nations will begin to fall.
33. The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. Listen to your own truth.
34. If you think you’re enlightened, try spending a week with your family.
35. Let’s trade in all our judging for appreciating. Let’s lay down our righteousness and just be together.
36. The most important aspect of love is not in giving or the receiving: it’s in the being.
37. We come together because we fulfill each others’ needs at some level or other.
38. The art of listening comes from a quiet mind and an open heart.
39. Healing does not mean going back to the way things were before, but rather allowing what is now to move us closer to God.
40. Unconditional love really exists in each of us. It is part of our deep inner being. It is not so much an active emotion as a state of being. It’s not “I love you” for this or that reason, not “I love you if you love me”. It’s love for no reason, love without an objective.
41. Souls love. That’s what souls do. Ego don’t, but souls do. Become a soul, look around, and you’ll be amazed-all the beings around you are souls. Be one, see one.
42. I’m not interested in being a “lover.” I’m interested in only being love.
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed these Ram Dass quotes and found something to take away with you.
For holistic self-care tips every Sunday afternoon, you can sign up for the Dwell in Magic weekly newsletter.
If you’d like more real life examples of daily self-care, you can connect with me on Instagram.
And if you’d like more direct support and community with like-minded people, come join the Dwell in Magic Facebook group.
Jessica Dimas is the creator of The Manifestation Journal, a journal that helps you manifest more fun, love, and joy into your life.