Self healing quotes remind us all of the innate power we hold when it comes to healing our minds, bodies, and spirits. No matter where you are or how futile you believe your situation to be, you are never beyond the scope of recovery and returning to the wholeness that is always you.
In today's post, I'm sharing 34 powerful self healing quotes that touch on the most powerful aspects of healing ourselves. As one of my favorite healing quotes says, “All healing is essentially the release from fear.” - A Course in Miracles
The self-healing process
What I've come to learn over the last few years, is that the self-healing process is one of returning to self. And "self" is usually not the self you think you know, but something much more vast, all-knowing, and ever-present.
It's a process of surrender and opening yourself up to your fears, and to life. Of letting go every day so you can enjoy the present moment. The answer is usually that you need to lighten your load and start smelling the roses.
Our illnesses show up to bring us back to our center. They aren't punishment or some mark of doom; they're a messenger, calling you to something more beautiful. Will you follow the call?
The illusion is that you are even sick at all or have been separated from your maker. Unburden your mind–set the noise of the world down and tune in. Put your feet up, let your hair down, and smile again. Let yourself be healed and re-centered by higher forces. Your only job is to trust and receive.
34 empowering self-healing quotes
1. "You have the power to heal yourself, and you need to know that. We think so often that we are helpless, but we're not. We always have the power of our minds. Claim and consciously use your power." Louise Hay
2. "In the mere observation of yourself, you begin the process of healing and transformation." Deepak Chopra
3. "If you want to heal your heart's wounds, start healing your thoughts." Alexandra Vasiliu
4. "Everything happens on a mental level before it manifests on the physical level. This is why it's so important to get your mindset right. You have to believe in yourself no matter what the external circumstances are. Strengthen your vision and have hope that things can get better." Averstu
5. "The only disease you have is your inability to see you have the power to heal yourself." Ralph Smart
6. "If you just allow your body and mind to rest, the healing will come by itself." Thich Nhat Hanh
7. "You will begin to heal when you let go of past hurts, forgive those who have wronged you, and learn to forgive yourself for your past mistakes." Unknown
8. "When you say 'yes' to others, make sure you are not saying 'no' to yourself." Paulo Coelho
9. "Self-forgiveness can heal you." Andrew Zaffina
10. "The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind." Caroline Myss
11. "Remove stress from the body and the body regenerates itself. You can heal yourself." Rhonda Byrne
12. "Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work." Thich Nhat Hanh
13. "To heal is to touch with love that which we previously touched with fear." Stephen Levine
14. "True healing occurs when I give myself permission to feel whatever feelings live below the triggers." Gabrielle Bernstein
15. "The only way to heal the pain which will not heal itself is to forgive the person who hurt you. Forgiveness heals the memory's vision. You set a prisoner free, but you discover the real prisoner was yourself." Lewis B. Smedes
16. "Every time you are triggered, that is a sign that you must go deep and heal yourself with love." Unknown
17. "Disease is an invention of man." Phineas Parkhurst Quimby
18. "Healing is embracing what is most feared, opening what has been closed, softening what has hardened into obstruction. Healing is learning to trust life." Jeanne Achterberg
19. "The placebo effect offers dramatic proof that all healing is essentially self-healing." Dr. Rick Ingrasci
20. "The healing power is your subconscious mind." Joseph Murphy
21. "All healing involves energy and conscious intention." Gary E. Schwartz, Ph.D.
22. "Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do. I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering." Caroline Myss
23. "You work so hard to fix yourself, but maybe what you need isn't another tactic, another book, another expert, another five-step plan. Maybe, you don't need to be fixed. Maybe, what's really holding you back is the idea that you need to be fixed. Maybe you just need to let yourself play instead of always making yourself do homework." Vironika Tugaleva
24. "The role of a healer is to assist the patient to heal himself or herself." Albert Amao
25. "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." Wayne Dyer
26. "All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23
27. "Everything is within your power, and your power is within you." Janice Trachtman
28. "What drains your spirit drains your body. What fuels your spirit fuels your body." Caroline Myss
29. "Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn't you–all of the expectations, all of the beliefs–and becoming who you are." Rachel Naomi Remen
30. ""Healing works through a kind of detox: things have got to come up in order to be released. That is true of our personal issues, and also our collective issues. We can't just push the darkness down, our pink paint over it and then pretend it's not there. We have to look at it, accept that it exists and then release it for healing." Marianne Williamson
31. "Healing requires from us to stop struggling, but to enjoy life more and endure it less." Darina Stoyanova
32. "We don't really heal anything; we simply let it go." Carl Jung
33. "Do not settle for labels that presume you will never heal. Believe in yourself. Find a tribe who understands and believes in you too. Don't ever give up." Vironika Tugaleva
34. "Eventually you will come to realize that love heals everything, and love is all there is." Gary Zukav
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this article and found something to take away with you.
If you'd like a weekly reminder of your spiritual nature, you can sign up for the Dwell in Magic weekly newsletter.
Jessica Dimas is the creator of Manifesting Magic with the Moon, a holistic self-care ritual bundle.