One of my favorite ways to uplift or comfort myself is by reading short inspirational quotes. They quickly help to reframe your mindset and soothe your mind.
In this article, I’m sharing 40 short quotes for those days when you need some quick, powerful inspiration.
The power of inspirational quotes
I wrote about it in my law of attraction book, but one thing I’ll often do at night before falling asleep is read quotes. I find that they can dramatically and instantly shift your vibration.
The higher your vibration, the quicker you come into alignment with all that life is trying to give to you.
Reading inspirational quotes anytime during the day is powerful, but right before you fall asleep is the most potent time. This is when your brainwaves are slowing down and you have less resistance up.
Really feel the quotes. Drift off to sleep letting your last thoughts be on the magic of life and this reality, and watch the things that begin to happen in your life.
40 short inspirational quotes on the magic of life
The following quotes are short, powerful and will remind you of what’s true and beautiful about this life.
1. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” Albert Einstein
2. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” Maya Angelou
3. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” Mother Teresa
4. “Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.” Joseph Campbell
5. “Everything you can imagine is real.” Pablo Picasso
6. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” Albert Einstein
7. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” Helen Keller
8. “Tough times don’t define you, they refine you.” Unknown
9. “To be great is to be misunderstood.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” C.S. Lewis
11. “People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” George Bernard Shaw
12. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” Mark Twain
13. “We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” Vince Lombardi
14. “You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.” Winston Churchill
15. “Live your life and forget your age.” Norman Vincent Peale
16. “A belief is only a thought you keep thinking.” Abraham Hicks
17. “The only path by which another person can upset you is through your own thought.” Joseph Murphy
18. “Trust would settle every problem now.” A Course in Miracles
19. “If you protect yourself, you will never be free.” Michael A. Singer
20. “You’ll see it when you believe it.” Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
21. “Feeling is the secret.” Neville Goddard
22. “He who fears not has plenty of time.” Wallace D. Wattles
23. “Thoughts become things. Choose the good ones.” Mike Dooley
24. “You either walk inside your story and own it, or you stand outside your story and hustle for your worthiness.” Brené Brown
25. “You are the Universe expressing itself as a human for a little while.” Eckhart Tolle
26. “I do not fix problems. I fix my thinking. Then problems fix themselves.” Louise Hay
27. “I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Nikola Tesla
28. “Life is too short to be small.” Timothy Ferriss
29. “Life has everything in it. But you only see what your perception allows you to see.” Dr. Bruce H. Lipton
30. “Whatever life takes away from you, let it go.” Don Miguel Ruiz
31. “Worrying is praying for stuff that you don’t want.” Jen Sincero
32. “Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.” Oscar Wilde
33. “Be as you wish to seem.” Socrates
34. “Impossible is just an opinion.” Paul Coelho
35. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” Neale Donald Walsh
36. “Be curious, not judgmental.” Walt Whitman
37. “Embrace reality, even if it burns you.” Pierre Bergé
38. “Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.” Edgar Allan Poe
39. “Never give from the depths of you well, but from your overflow.” Rumi
40. “Hold the vision. Trust the process.” Unknown
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed these short, positive quotes and found one to take away with you.
For holistic self-care tips every Sunday afternoon, you can sign up for the Dwell in Magic weekly newsletter.
If you’d like more real life examples of daily self-care, you can connect with me on Instagram.
And if you’d like more direct support and community with like-minded people, come join the Dwell in Magic Facebook group.
Jessica Dimas is the author of Sacred Self-Care for Your Chakras.
- 10 Manifestation Journal Examples That Will Powerfully Shift Your Reality - February 20, 2021
- The Best Witch Subscription Boxes for 2021 - February 1, 2021
- 5 Profound Ways to Connect With Your Spirit Guides - January 24, 2021