[no_toc]Inspirational spiritual quotes are powerful reminders for what you already know to be true, for calming your fears and worries, and for stepping back into that bigger perspective place.
Today I'm sharing 64 profound spiritual quotes on life, love and the meaning of it all.
64 quotes for spiritual inspiration
1. "Nothing binds you except your thoughts; nothing limits you except your fear; and nothing controls you except your beliefs." Marianne Williamson
2. "Awakening is not changing who you are, but discarding who you are not." Deepak Chopra
3. "Enlightenment means taking full responsibility for your life." William Blake
4. "I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong." John Lennon
5. "If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Jack Kornfield
6. "Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul." Walt Whitman
7. "Anything that makes you weak–physically, intellectually and spiritually–reject it as poison." Swami Vivekananda
8. "Being at ease with not knowing is crucial for answers to come to you." Eckhart Tolle
10. "A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action, not reaction." Rita Mae Brown
11. "There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong." Hindu proverb
12. "When you love, love as if the person is a god, not less than that." Osho
13. "With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose." Wayne Dyer
14. "Each one of them is Jesus in disguise." Mother Teresa
15. "You can read books without ever stepping into a library; and practice spirituality without ever going to a temple." Anthony de Mello
16. "Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself." Hermann Hesse
17. "The further down my spiritual path I go, the less I am able to define. When I turn inward, I find no words. Only light, only love." Laura Jaworski
18. "Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world." Dalai Lama
19. "Once you stop learning, you start dying." Albert Einstein
20. "Nothing is, unless our thinking makes it so." William Shakespeare
21. "If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation." Osho
22. "All creatures are merely veils under which God hides Himself." Martin Luther
23. "Everything in the world was my Guru." Ramana Maharshi
24. "I can resonate with you in the highest place I Am. So, I can do nothing for you but work on myself. You can nothing for me except work on yourself." Ram Dass
25. "Fools laugh at others. Wisdom laughs at itself." Osho
26. "The greatest illusion of this world is the illusion of separation." Unknown
27. "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
28. "God will not look you over for medals, degrees or diplomas but for scars." Elbert Hubbard
29. "Be not afraid of anything. You will do marvelous work. It is fearlessness that brings Heaven even in a moment." Swami Vivekananda
30. "The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you really are." Carl Jung
31. "Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world." Hans Margolius
32. "When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you." Stephen Richards
33. "Quiet the mind and the soul will speak." Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
34. "Letting there be room for not knowing is the most important thing of all. When there’s a big disappointment, we don’t know if that’s the end of the story. It may just be the beginning of a great adventure. Life is like that. We don’t know anything." Pema Chödrön
35. "All of us are living with dogmas that we accept as truths. When one of these is overturned, there’s an initial gasp, soon followed by a rush of exhilaration." Deepak Chopra
36. "Much of spiritual life is self-acceptance, maybe all of it." Jack Kornfield
37. "Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don't know it. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love." Marianne Williamson.
38. "The main requirement for spiritual growth: A yearning to know who you really are." Adyashanti
39. "You have power over your mind–not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." Marcus Aurelius
40. "A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
41. "Living in the present moment creates the experience of eternity." Deepak Chopra
42. "If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath." Amit Ray
43. "The next message you need is always right where you are." Ram Dass
44. "I am not my thoughts, emotions, sense perceptions, and experiences. I am not the content of my life. I am Life. I am the space in which all things happen. I am consciousness. I am the Now. I Am." Eckhart Tolle
45. "Your darkness is one of the most powerful tools you have for your spiritual evolution." Unknown
46. "You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible." Deepak Chopra
47. "All power is within you; you can do anything and everything. Believe in that, do not believe that you are weak; do not believe that you are half-crazy lunatics, as most of us do nowadays. You can do any thing and everything, without even the guidance of any one. Stand up and express the divinity within you." Swami Vivekananda
48. "There is no other spiritual teacher than you own soul." Swami Vivekananda
49. "To walk the spiritual path is to continually step out into the unknown." Wallace Huey
50. "The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves." Alan Watts
51. "Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul." Wayne Dyer
52. "When a man is willing and eager, the Gods join in." Aeschylus
53. "You’ll be calm the day you learn to sit alone and do nothing." Maxime Lagacé
54. "Rather than being your thoughts and emotions, be the awareness behind them." Eckhart Tolle
55. "The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." W.B. Yeats
56. "You are never alone or helpless. The force that guides the stars, guides you too." Shrii Shrii Anandamurti
57. "Religion is for people who’re afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who’ve already been there." Vine Deloria, Jr.
58. "When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
59. "To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, but to live gratitude is to touch heaven." Johannes A. Gaertner
60. "As long as a sense of self-importance rules your being, you will never know lasting peace." Matthieu Ricard
61. "Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from." Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
62. "Accept–then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. This will miraculously transform your whole life." Eckhart Tolle
63. "Nothing kills the ego like playfulness, like laughter. When you start taking life as fun, the ego has to die, it cannot exist anymore." Osho
64. "Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well." Jack Kornfield
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this article and found something to take away with you.
For holistic self-care tips every Sunday afternoon, you can sign up for the Dwell in Magic weekly newsletter.
If you’d like more real life examples of daily self-care, you can connect with me on Instagram.
And if you’d like more direct support and community with like-minded people, come join the Dwell in Magic Facebook group.
Jessica Dimas is the author of Sacred Self-Care for Your Chakras.
- 4 Simple Ways to Start Celebrating Your Life Today - January 1, 2023
- 22 Magical Oracle Decks for 2023 - December 3, 2022
- My Gateway Voyage Experience At The Monroe Institute - September 18, 2022