Sometimes it can feel hard to think of things to be grateful for. Maybe we're in a dark place in life, or one bad thing after the other seems to keep happening.
But let me promise you something–when you can find just a few things a day to be grateful for, no matter how dark you feel things are, your reality will begin to shift in a positive way.
In this article, I'm giving you 50 easy things to be grateful for. The more you flex your ability to see the good, the easier it gets, and the more lovely life becomes.
Why practice gratitude?
Gratitude is the ability to perceive and appreciate the good in life. It's a potent mindset skill that gets stronger every time you practice it.
It's also a powerful manifestation tool because the very act of appreciating something elicits positive emotion within you, which then begins reworking your reality to reflect that change.
In essence, when you take time to appreciate something, you are attracting more of the same. In the same way, when you take time to complain or focus on the negative, you also attract more of the same.
Abraham Hicks said "If all you did was just look for things to appreciate, you would live a joyous, spectacular life."
Gratitude shifted my life powerfully 9 years ago, and these days I mainly focus on appreciating things rather than manifesting specific things. When you're in a state of appreciation, the most beautiful experiences will flow into your life as a result–things you couldn't have even imagined.
6 things to be grateful for
If you're new to practicing gratitude, I recommend thinking of ten things you're grateful for every night before you fall asleep.
Not only does this help train your mind to see the good in life, but conjuring these emotions before sleep time is a powerful way of manifesting things fast.
Even if you're in a particularly dark place in your life, it is absolutely still possible to find some aspect to appreciate. When I first started this practice, I would be in tears grateful for the food stamps I was receiving. Before this practice, I would feel shame about them or complain about how unfair life was.
What a shift. Within three month's time, I was never on food stamps again. What shift do you want to make?
1. Gratitude ideas for well-being
I am so grateful for/that:
1. Being here, in this moment, present with a heart that's beating for me
2. All the parts of my body that feel good and function perfectly (maybe pick a different one each night and dote on how amazing it's doing)
3. Deep breaths and how good they feel
4. Every symptom I have is just showing me where I need to let go more and love
5. That my arms give me the ability to hold people and pets that I love
6. That well-being is always flowing to me from my Source
7. That my body is intelligent consciousness and knows exactly what it's doing
8. All the times my body has returned to well-being
9. That my body allows me to be here interacting in this physical reality
10. The deliciousness of tactile sensations, like the sun on my face and grass on my feet.
2. Gratitude ideas for daily comforts
I am so grateful for:
11. A soft place to lay my head every night
12. Running water and flushing toilets (I feel this one every time there's a power outage)
13. Heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer
14. Farmers and grocery stores that make food so easily accessible for me
15. Roads that help me travel with ease
16. Cars, buses and trains that help me get around quicker
17. Cozy, quiet spaces
18. Rooms with doors that allow for privacy and space
19. The laughter and love emanating from people around me
20. That first sip of coffee (or whatever you drink) in the morning
3. Gratitude ideas for love
I am so grateful for:
21. The immense love I have for the people in my life (think of at least one person)
22. The immense love I have experienced from others in my life (think of at least one person)
23. The love of animals and pets that bring me back to my center
24. Random acts of kindness that happen every day in the world
25. The love that complete strangers show one another
26. New perceptions that allow me to see the beauty in a person that I missed before
27. Understanding that behind the eyes of every person is a soul that has nothing but pure love for me
28. The knowledge that I am never alone because we are all connected
29. That love never dissipates or goes away
30. The love I have experienced this far in my life, and the love that I have yet to know
4. Gratitude ideas for abundance
I am so grateful for/that:
31. All the forms of abundance that shower me daily
32. The money that is here for me now
33. The money that is on its way to me
34. Good news, exciting phone calls, and fun opportunities
35. I always have more than enough
36. Abundance is generated by feeling good and positive expectations, not hard work
37. The universe has always provided someone to help me in one way or another
38. The better I feel, the more abundance I experience
39. All the people in my life that have shared their abundance with me
40. All of the people I've been able to share my abundance with and how good that felt
5. Gratitude ideas for hard experiences
I am so grateful for/that:
41. Everything this experience has taught me
42. The ways in which I've grown and expanded because of this
43. The higher perspective going through this has given me
44. I have become softer and more surrendered
45. I have a greater understanding of what's important to me
46. I know myself in deeper ways than I did before
47. My scope of awareness is now much larger
48. I can help others who are going through the same thing
49. I am eternal consciousness having a temporary experience for the purpose of growth and understanding
50. Myself and others are always being guided by higher consciousness
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this article and found something to take away with you.
To receive my weekly, self-care focused email that inspires you to go deeper inside the magic that is you, sign up for the Self-Care Sunday emails.
Jessica Dimas is the creator of Anything Can Be: A Reference Guide for Applying the Law of Attraction.
- 6 Ways to Savor Mindful Moments Through Daily Rituals - April 29, 2023
- 4 Simple Ways to Start Celebrating Your Life Today - January 1, 2023
- 22 Magical Oracle Decks for 2023 - December 3, 2022
I am so happy and grateful for
You Jessica….. all the love, joy, and insight you bring me weekly. I look
Forward to your words of enlightenment and positivity…. Wishing you and yours all the best everyday of the season. Thank you for all the ways you my days better…💫✨🌹🦋
What a BEAUTIFUL message, thank you so much Bernadette, I really appreciate that 🥰🥰🙏
Thank you Jessica. Such sweet reminders. ♥
Thank you Lisa, I'm glad you enjoyed the post!
I have been following you for several years. I remember in 2016, I bought your LOA eBook with all the printables. I did them off and on for years. We struggled for a long time. Even as bad as having to rely on food pantries to eat (that was 2014). Then, in 2019 we bought our dream home and now hubby and I both have brand new (not used) cars for the first time ever. Our lives are drastically different than they were back then. Thank you for teaching LOA in such a practical way. I know you read a lot and recommend a lot of books, but when I need a little push or reminder I honestly just read your book. I've probably read it more than a dozen times. Thank you!
One thing in this article that has stuck with me is when you said this: "these days I mainly focus on appreciating things rather than manifesting specific things." I get that. This is almost like LOA Part 2. Would you ever considering writing THAT book? Hint hint hint lol.
Thank you for all you do
I just wanted to thank you so much for your comment. It meant the world to me to hear that you enjoyed the book so much, and I’m so inspired that you bought your dream home in 2019 and have brand new cars for the first time ever. Wow. It never ceases to amaze me when I hear LOA stories. And I LOVE your idea about the part 2 book, the hint has been gratefully received! 🙂
Thank you for the love, it was so appreciated 🙏