[no_toc]With everything that has been going on recently in our changing world, words of encouragement and compassion can help to shift our energy in a new direction of optimism rather than confusion or despair.
In this article, I'm sharing the most beautiful and encouraging quotes to remind you why life, and even hard experiences, are so worth living. I hope you find comfort and inspiration reading through them.
"Encouragement is like water to the soul; it makes everything grow." Chris Burkmenn
It works because it meets you where you are. It doesn't deny emotions–rather it gives you hope that you will not be in this place forever.
It inspires you to remember that you always have the power of your mind, no matter what situation you're in.
Whether personally or societally, everything is always unfolding in divine order. It can be so hard to see that when you're standing in the middle of it, but the flowers always bloom after the rain.
Here are my favorite words of encouragement during this time, whether you're reading this now or sometime in the future.
Words of Encouragement for Hard Times
1. "I do not at all understand the mystery of grace–only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us." Anne Lamott
2. "Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that all will work out for the best." NotSalmon
3. "Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create." MotivationPing
4. "If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can dream it, you can become it." William Arthur Ward
5. "Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." C.S. Lewis
6. "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly." Proverb
7. "Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while, so we can see life with a clearer view again." Alex Tan
8. "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King, Jr.
9. "It takes a huge effort to free yourself from memory." Paulo Coelho
10. "Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." Joshua J. Marine
11. "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
12. “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.” Oprah Winfrey
13. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.” Winston Churchill
14. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” Amelia Earhart
15. "There can be no real achievement without any struggle." Avijeet Das
16. "The best place to succeed is where you are with what you have." Charles M. Schwab
17. "Great things never came from comfort zones." Unknown
18. "In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity." Albert Einstein
19. "A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence." Jim Watkins
Words of Encouragement for Kids
1. "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." A.A. Milne
2. "A day without laughter is a day wasted." Charlie Chaplin
3. "Friends are like stars; you can't always see them, but you know they're always there." Unknown
4. "Life doesn't give us purpose. We give life purpose." The Flash
5. "The best way to predict your future is to create it." Abraham Lincoln
6. "Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it." Jack Skellington
7. "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." Dr. Seuss
8. "You're awake! You're awesome! Live like it!" Kid President
9. "Anything is possible. Anything can be." Shel Silverstein
10. "Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts." Albert Einstein
11. "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt
12. “Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.” — Anne Frank
13. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” Walt Whitman
14. "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." Judy Garland
15. "The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence." Blake Lively
16. "Talent is nothing more than a pursued interest." Bob Ross
17. "You might get scrambled and fried but with the right sassitude you'll always land sunny side up!" Jane Lee Logan
Words of Encouragement for Depression
1. "There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn't." John Green
2. "Give yourself another day, another chance. You will find your courage eventually. Don't give up on yourself just yet." Unknown
3. "And if today all you did was hold yourself together, I'm proud of you." Unknown
4. "Strength comes from struggle. When you learn to see your struggles as opportunities to become stronger, better, wiser, then your thinking shift from 'I can't do this' to 'I must do this'." Toni Sorenson
5. "Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome." Unknown
6. "Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." John Wooden
7. "Depression lies. It tells you you've always felt this way, and you always will. But you haven't, and you won't." Halley Cornell
8. "Only in the darkness can you see the stars." Martin Luther King, Jr.
9. "From their experience came pain; and from their pain came purpose; and from their purpose came beauty." J. Arcangel
10. "No storm, not even the one in your life, can last forever. The storm is just passing over." Iyanla Vanzant
11. "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." Helen Keller
12. “It is very important to know who you are. To make decisions. To show who you are.” Malala Yousafzai
13. “Sometimes when you are in a dark place, you think you have been buried, but actually you have been planted.” Christine Caine
14. We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” Mother Teresa
15. "Do the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment." Oprah Winfrey
Words of Encouragement for Healing
1. "The heartiest plants survive because they weather the storms and never stop reaching for the light." Robert Clancy
2. "What's broken can be mended. What hurts can be healed. And no matter how dark it gets, the sun is going to rise again." Meredith Grey
3. "The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind." Unknown
4. "Often what feels like the end of the world is really a challenging pathway to a far better place." Karen Salmansohn
5. "Instead of saying 'I'm damaged, I'm broken, I have trust issues' say 'I'm healing, I'm rediscovering myself, I'm starting over'. Positive self talk." Horacio Jones
6. "Never stop believing in hope because miracles happen every day." Unknown
7. "We learn fear and hatred from our ego. We learn forgiveness and love from our heart, the healer of our ego." Roxana Jones
8. "The wound is the place where the Light enters you." Unknown
10. "The greatest healing would be to wake up from what we are not." Mooji
11. "I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars." Og Mandino
12. "Impossible odds set the stage for amazing miracles." Jentezen Franklin
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this article and found something to take away with you.
For holistic self-care tips every Sunday afternoon, you can sign up for the Dwell in Magic weekly newsletter.
Jessica is the author of the 7 Day Manifesting Bootcamp Bundle.
- 4 Simple Ways to Start Celebrating Your Life Today - January 1, 2023
- 22 Magical Oracle Decks for 2023 - December 3, 2022
- My Gateway Voyage Experience At The Monroe Institute - September 18, 2022